Sunday, May 11, 2008

Jay's Game and Large People

I got to go to the Jays game last night with ST. One of those last minute things. Wicked seats, 6 rows from the field right behind the home plate.

This is probably the first Toronto game I've gone to and the home team ( TO, be it the raptors or jays ) actually won! and they won good ! final score 5-2 Jays.

So we get there a bit early, find out seats, order the ale and start to settle into our seats... two innings down, and people who had tickets to seats next to us show up. A rather big chick, hey I'm not a broomstick myself. She passes  me and then her boyfriend, I had to step out of the aisle to let the big boy through. No I mean BIG BIG. He was so big that when he sat down, half of him was in my seat!

Not to be talking down about big people, being averagely big myself ( but i did fit comfortably into one of those seats ), but seriously should you even bother coming to a crowded stadium ? I mean I'd have felt bad to oust someone from their seat. I understand you (the big person ) too paid for it ( not the case here ) but would the stadium actually get them to buy maybe 2 seats ? Maybe thats how it should be. These two actually occupied 4 seats at the Rogers Centre.

After about 2 minutes of sitting squished, ST and I moved over to the next aisle. But I argument is that I shouldn't have had to move ! What if the real owners for those seats showed ?  Apparently a few years ago there was a huge stink about having a separate seating area for large people, and how they felt it was discriminatory and was against the Charter of Rights (Canadian). 

No comments: